Our experienced Kindergarten teachers personally know the needs of each student because we deliberately hold our class
Some of our benefits to consider:
- Students have weekly instructional time with our Spanish, art, physical education, music, library, and science specialists.
- Each year we welcome students with a range of knowledge, from beginning readers
up. Each student will dramatically improve with the daily investment of our teachers. Within the first two months, several students are writing in full sentences in their publishing journals. on
- Parents are provided opportunities to connect with teachers including several informal and formal assessments, report cards, and conferences to let them know about their students’ progress. This includes a daily email sent home about the happenings of the day.
- Students enjoy STEM time where they get to invent, be creative, and discover more about Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math careers.
- Your family will have extra experiential learning opportunities to bring learning to life: field trips to performance art, agricultural, and marine science locations.
- There is a continual emphasis on leadership while developing character, based on timeless values in a close-knit community. We have “buddies” at different grade levels and our Kinder students annually participate in an Apple Sharing program with Chapel Service Guild, as they thoughtfully create pretty baskets of apples for the school’s neighbors. Students learn they have a positive and real impact on the community.
Teachers observe and support the social and emotional growth of their students during three outside recess breaks in this monitored but free setting. Students interact with their friends fromother classes, and teachers know the students at several grade levels. Our recesses are student-centered, energetic, friendly, creative, and fun!
- The goal of our instruction is to maximize engagement and apply learning in a hands-on manner. Our students are provided
with 60 minutes of math per day, five times per week, for a total of 300 minutes weekly.
The early years of education are crucial and foundational. Be sure to come to one of our Kindergarten Behind the Scenes (Preview Days) on Wednesday, January 11th at 10:15 AM or Monday, January 23rd at 10:15 AM where prospective parents and students can come and learn more about our program. If interested in coming, contact Administrative Director Natalie Bennett at email@example.com.
Don’t get stuck on the wait list – be sure to start the admission process early!