Franklin Academy is a preschool through 8th grade independent school. We celebrate a love of challenging questions, free expression, and service to others. We limit class size to ten at Preschool, 15 students for grades K-5 and Middle School School core classes may be larger, depending upon subject area. Classes will rarely exceed 18, thus ensuring that our students have more opportunity to ask questions and express themselves. Our school is making a positive impact in Whatcom and Skagit counties. All candidates must actively support the school mission, vision, and core commitments
As our Academy grows, we increasingly seek teachers with:
- – A proven record of high-impact classroom teaching experience;
- – References confirming an ability to energize, elevate, and stretch students;
- – Awards or other recognition from colleagues and students;
- – Experience at regionally or internationally recognized schools;
- – Professional leadership abilities and experience;
- – Experience recruiting and evaluating other great teachers;
- – A global perspective, and ideally international work experience;
- – An outstanding academic record, with an advanced degree, strongly preferred.
If you love helping students push their boundaries — and want to help us build a school that attracts leading teachers — then we invite you to contact us. Franklin Academy is an independent and open community. We warmly welcome applicants of all backgrounds and beliefs.
Preschool Teacher (part-time)
The Franklin Academy Preschool is accepting applications for the 2019-20 school year.
Applicants must have, or be willing to obtain the following:
Pass a criminal background check through MERIT,
CPR/First Aid, Blood Pathogens,
TB Test, Food Handlers Card, Registered with Merit
Looking for motivated, hardworking individuals who have the desire to work with young children. Able and willing to set up and execute lesson plans, execute and cleanup projects. Able to take direction from the director and work well with others. Prefer applicant with BA or AA ECE degree or working towards one.
Job Type: Part-time
Substitute Teachers – Preschool – Grade 8th
We are now accepting applications for substitute teachers for all levels and disciplines. Ideal applicants will have a college degree, Washington State teaching certification, and prior teaching experience. A foundation in curriculum and instruction, effective classroom management skills, and ready rapport with students are highly desired. Candidates are encouraged to navigate the school’s website, for further information regarding the school’s mission and objectives.
Submit cover letter, resume, completed application with (unofficial) transcripts and two reference letters as instructed below. Official transcripts are required upon employment. We seek qualified applicants throughout the school year.
Questions? Please contact Dawn Regier at email@example.com
Full job descriptions will be sent after the initial inquiry.
Director of Operations
The Franklin Academy is seeking a Director of Operations for its accounting and business operations.
The Director of Operations reports to the Head of School. He/she is accountable to the Head of School and the Board for the financial accounting, operating budget, and other financial and human resource operations and must keep the Head of School and the Board informed as to the financial condition of the Academy.
- BA in Accounting is preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience as a full-charge accountant for a similar size entity or equivalent experience. Preferably an educational Non-Profit.
- Related leadership experience in independent managing and directing of office/HR and other business functions.
- Experience with Skyward and/or QuickBooks preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of the pre-employment background check.
- Must be able to perform all accounting system functions, verbal and written communication, budget preparation, human resource duties, and other responsibilities as they may apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to Dawn Regier @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Depends on Experience
Please send your completed forms by email to: email@example.com, or you may fax your applications to (360)734-1882 or mail to Franklin Academy, 1509 E. Victor Street, Bellingham, WA 98225.
- Application form for staff positions: Staff Application Form
- Application form for teachers: Teacher Application Form
Franklin Academy does not discriminate in matters of employment, recruitment, admissions, or administration of any of its programs on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.