The Franklin Academy is a preschool through 8th grade independent school. We celebrate a love of challenging questions, free expression, and service to others. We limit class size to ten at Preschool, 15 students for grades K-5 and Middle School School core classes may be larger, depending upon subject area. Classes will rarely exceed 18, thus ensuring that our students have more opportunities to ask questions and express themselves. Our school is making a positive impact in Whatcom and Skagit counties. All candidates must actively support the school mission, vision, and core commitments
As our Academy grows, we increasingly seek teachers with:
- A proven record of high-impact classroom teaching experience;
- References confirming an ability to energize, elevate, and stretch students;
- Awards or other recognition from colleagues and students;
- Experience at regionally or internationally recognized schools;
- Professional leadership abilities and experience;
- Experience recruiting and evaluating other great teachers;
- A global perspective, and ideally international work experience;
- An outstanding academic record, with an advanced degree, strongly preferred.
If you love helping students push their boundaries — and want to help us build a school that attracts leading teachers — then we invite you to contact us. Franklin Academy is an independent and open community. We warmly welcome applicants of all backgrounds and beliefs.
The Franklin Academy is accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year.
Head Coach Positions
Basketball (Boys and Girls) and Track & Field
Please email your cover letter and resumes to Athletic Director Stephanie Fox at sfox@frontdesk
The Franklin Academy, located in Bellingham, WA, is seeking a full time Custodian with approximately 5 years prior experience in similar or related roles and responsibilities. This position is Benefit-eligible for Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and retirement contributions after 2 years. Typical schedule is Monday through Friday, afternoons and evenings shift times scheduled 3:30pm-12am at 40 hours per week. Flexible scheduling during times when school is not in session for the academic year (winter break, spring break, summer break).
Below is an outline of general duties:
- Cleans school facilities (e.g., classrooms, offices, gym, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, grounds, etc.), maintaining a sanitary, safe, attractive environment.
- Trash and recycling taken out daily
- Performs work at heights of up to 18 feet using ladders and/or scaffolding for cleaning, changing light bulbs, replacing ceiling tiles, etc.
- Identify repairs that may be necessary due to equipment breakage, vandalism, weather conditions, etc.
- Minor and moderate repairs – electrical, plumbing, structural.
- Securing school facilities and grounds, minimizing property damage, equipment loss, and potential liability to the school.
- Minor maintenance (e.g., adjusting, cleaning, changing brushes/pads/rollers, etc.) to keep job related machinery/equipment in good working order.
- Helps with response to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g., facility damage, alarms, etc.)
- Other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the safe efficient, effective functioning of the school.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Daily attendance and punctuality are required.
- Able to pass the criminal records check required of all school personnel.
- Able to lift 30 pounds unassisted
- Attends in-service staff training (e.g., instruction on blood-borne pathogens, cleaning solvents, floor care, first aid, etc.).
- Knowledge of custodial supplies, machinery and cleaning methods/techniques required.
- Flexibility when working with a wide diversity of colleagues in a variety of circumstances
- Ability to work under limited supervision while following standardized practices/methods
- Clear and kind communication when providing information or advising others
Position starts immediately. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Candidates are invited to complete a staff application and submit or send it to Dawn Regier at email@example.com
Substitute Teachers – Preschool through 8th Grade
We are now accepting applications for substitute teachers for all levels and disciplines. Ideal applicants will have a college degree, Washington State teaching certification, and prior teaching experience. A foundation in curriculum and instruction, effective classroom management skills, and ready rapport with students are highly desired. Candidates are encouraged to navigate the school’s website, for further information regarding the school’s mission and objectives.
Submit cover letter, resume, completed application with (unofficial) transcripts, and two reference letters as instructed below. Official transcripts are required upon employment. We seek qualified applicants throughout the school year.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Dawn Regier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your completed forms by email to Dawn Regier: email@example.com, or you may fax your applications to (360)734-1882 or mail to Franklin Academy, 1509 E. Victor Street, Bellingham, WA 98225.
- Application form for staff position: STAFF APPLICATION FORM
- Application form for teachers: TEACHER APPLICATION FORM
The Franklin Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). The Franklin Academy does not discriminate in matters of employment, recruitment, admissions, or administration of any of its programs on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.