Athletic Program Statement:
The primary purpose of the Athletics program at Franklin Academy is to promote the physical, mental, social, emotional, and moral well-being of the students through competitive participation in Sports.
1. Provide a safe and caring environment for learning – “I matter”
2. Grow the player’s knowledge – “I know the game”
3. Encourage a growth mindset – “I can always get better”
4. Develop the player’s teamwork skills – “No I in Team”
5. Strengthen their physical resilience – “I am giving 100% all the time”
6. Challenge their fears of failure, judgment and criticism – “I bounce back”
Sports Offered for 6th – 8th Graders
The Franklin Academy offers the following sports in middle school for grades 6-8th.
Season 1: Cross Country – August 28 – October 22
Season 2: Girls Basketball – October 26th – December 10th | Boys Basketball – Nov 29th – Jan 28th
Season 3: Volleyball – January 31st – March 18th
Season 4: Track and Field – March 21st – May 31st
Practices will be held Monday – Friday from 3:15 – 4:45, starting at the school
Required to Participate
- Completed Athletic Eligibility Packet
- Current sports physical (good for two years)
- Completed Cardiac Arrest Form
- $175 Sports Fee
Activities & Clubs
- Tuesdays for 2nd and 3rd Grade from 3:00 – 4:00 pm from 9/26 to 11/28 (FULL)
- Thursdays for 4th-8th Grade from 3:15 – 4:15 pm from 9/28 to 11/30 (still openings available)
There is no Chess Club Thanksgiving week.
There will be a chess tournament on Saturday, Dec. 2nd. Registration coming soon.
Please reach out to Stephanie Fox at email@example.com for more information and for current offerings.