Frequently Asked Questions
How many students are at Franklin Academy?
Franklin Academy serves over 298 students from preschool through 8th grade (128 in preschool, 169 in Early Kindergarten – 8th grade.
How big are class sizes?
Our student class limit varies by grade and max out at the following class sizes, but can have more than one section:
2 1/2 – 6 student maximum
Three-year-olds – 8 students
Four- year old and Pre-K – 10 students
Kindergarten – 14 students
1st-4th Grade – 15 students
Does Franklin have any Accreditations?
Yes. Franklin is proud to be accredited with:
• Preschool-8th Grade is fully accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC)
• Preschool has accreditation with National Association for the Education of Young Children(NAEYC)
What is the student to teacher ratio?
Our student to teacher ratio depends on the division (Preschool, Lower School, and Middle School). On average the student to teacher ratio is:
• 1:8 for Preschool
• 1:11 for Lower School
• 1:12 for Middle School
How experienced are the teachers?
Our devoted teachers average more than 11 years of classroom teaching experience, and each K-8 teacher has a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and most faculty members have advanced degrees.
What facilities are in the Preschool (Holly Hall)?
The Preschool has 6 classrooms, gymnasium space (full court gym), multi-purpose room and 2 outdoor playgrounds
What facilities are in the Lower School?
The Lower School has 10 classrooms, library, gym space, art room, lunchroom, outdoor playground, chapel space, science lab, and outdoor classroom area.
What facilities are in the Middle School (Market Hall)?
The Middle School (Markell Hall) has 15 classrooms, music room, weight room, three science laboratories, lunchroom, library, locker rooms, a regular-sized gymnasium (convertible to performance space), field, and makerspace.
What academic enrichment opportunities are available?
Yes, there are specialists in each area:
• Preschool Spanish and Music.
• Lower School Spanish, Music, Physical Education, Library, and Art.
• Middle School Spanish, Music (band/ choir), Physical Education/ Health, Art, and rotating electives like Coding and Makerspace.
Some of our enrichment opportunities include Spanish K-8, fine art classes, robotics, journalism, chess team, math team, science team, and many travel opportunities (local, national, and international).
What team sports are offered at Franklin?
Some of our team sports include basketball, cross-country, tennis, track, wrestling, and volleyball.
Does Franklin accept students of all religions?
Yes. Franklin Academy is an independent, open, and accepting community. We warmly welcome students and teachers of all backgrounds and beliefs. Students assemble for chapel services and have other opportunities to explore and discuss religious and spiritual matters. All are free to express their doubts and faiths. Our aim is to open minds, not mold them.
What are some the benefits of Franklin Academy:
• Small class sizes for every grade level
• Strong parent involvement – Franklin Academy is not just a school, it’s a nurturing and supportive community
• An academic rigorous environment that follows national standards from experts in each subject area (cross-grade STEM-focused curriculum used, too)
• A program emphasizing achievement, leadership with buddies, and moral & spiritual development
• Instructional time with art, physical education, library, music, and Spanish specialist each week
• Elective opportunities in Middle School (i.e. Coding and Makerspace)
• Field trips that complement the curriculum (the 8th Graders travel to England)